Sura, al-Nahl, Sura 16 entitled, âThe Beeâ and Allah , Most High, declares, âAnd we sent down the book, the Qurâaan, which came down after the Torah, after the Gospel, on thee, O Muhammad ( s.a.w ), that this Qurâaan might explain all things; that this Qurâaan therefore might explain the Last Age, and that with this Qurâaan we may be able to understand the Signs Of Allah , Most High, big as billboards; which will appear in the Last Age. In this Qurâaan there is guidance, how to live at all times, but in particular, in the Last Age. That explanation and guidance constitute rahmah (mercy) from your Lord. For those who have the good sense and wisdom to accept it, embrace it and apply it- bushra la hum (good news, glad tidings) for such people. They will understand what others cannot. They will succeed when others will not.
Brother Chairman, brothers and sisters in Islam; and friends I greet you with as-salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu. We thank Allah , Most High, who has brought us together again in my first public lecture after 1998, three years ago. We pray to Allah, Most Kind, for His guidance, for His blessings, for His protection, as we embark upon an effort to address the subject of al-Ihsaan, the spiritual essence of Islam. Before we tell this story, and it is a story, which Insha Allah you will enjoy, we must make some preliminary observations.
The companions were sitting talking amongst themselves, when he, the Messenger of Allah ( s.a.w ), came and he asked, âWhat are you talking aboutâ? They said, âWe are talking about the signs of the Last Dayâ. He replied, âThe last day will not come until....â- and he mentioned ten signs that you should have at the tips of your fingers:
1. Dajjal, âthe false messiaâh. The Christians refer to him as the anti-Christ.
2. Gog and Magog â Yajooj and Majooj.
3. The Return of the Son of Mary, Isa , a.s - Jesus, will come back!
4. Dukhaan- Smoke
5. Daabatul Ard â More often than not when the term Ard, or âearthâ, or âlandâ is mentioned in the context in which this is mentioned it refers not to any land, but to the Holy Land. So, a beast or a creature coming out of the Holy Land.
6. The sun would rise from the West.
The three landslides or movements of the earth! The earth opening and swallowing what it swallows.
1. One in the East
2. One in the West
3. One in Arabia
4. A fire will come out of Yemen and will drive mankind to their place of assembly.
Of these ten signs the one that is, far and away, the most important, is the one the Holy Qurâaan itself refers to is the return of Hazrath Isa, a.s